Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services of Western Washington as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and CCS/CHS over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left CCS/CHS a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because CCS/CHS is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Make Sure You Have a Plan for All Your AssetsDownload My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services of Western Washington at 206.328.5707 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support CCS/CHS with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name CCS/CHS in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Catholic Community Services of Western Washington or Archdiocesan Housing Authority dba Catholic Housing Services of Western Washington
Address: 100 23rd Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144
Federal Tax ID Number: Please contact us for our federal tax ID number.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide